by Matt Mayer

Saturday, March 11, 2006

the never-fails

friends. that's what i'm going to talk about right now. friends.

i'm at home in new jersey right now. just drove up from UMD today. of all the "friends" i have at home, i legitimately made contact with two of them, both of whom were ready to hang out with me at the drop of a hat. gets me thinking about who my real friends are. ...those two are my two real home friends, from my town at least.

sure i've got other friends at home or from home, but those two are my instants, my never-fails, my boys. i've got plenty of people who i can run into, or with whom i can spend a night out. but i've got those two who i can count on to be cool just sitting at home, talking, or just watching infomercials or maybe watching whatever hot new comedy series we've got on dvd (make yours Arrested Development ... and expect many shameless plugs for that show on this blog).

there's a distinct comfort in the never-fails, in the bests, in the bff's as the online ladies call it (those're best friend forevers, to clarify). weed out the rest, people. the rest are nothing to the n-f's, to the b's, to the bffae's (and evers). i mean, spend your time with whoever you want, but make your life happen with the people that count. make it happen specifically with the people that call you when they're home for just a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home